Photographic copy of five rubbings showing details of St Oran's and St John's crosses, Iona.
SC 1477558
Description Photographic copy of five rubbings showing details of St Oran's and St John's crosses, Iona.
Date 1890 to 1903
Collection Records of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland
Catalogue Number SC 1477558
Category On-line Digital Images
Copy of E 72623
Scope and Content Photographic copy of five rubbings showing details of St Oran's and St John's crosses, Iona. The upper left rubbing shows detail of front upper arm of a fragment of the St Oran's Cross, housed in the Abbey Museum; formerly in St Oran's Chapel. The middle left rubbing shows detail of middle upper arm, the bottom left rubbing shows detail of upper arm, the upper right rubbing shows a bottom shaft, and the bottom right rubbing shows right arm of West face of St John's Cross. The concrete replica of the cross standing outside Iona Abbey was built in 1970, and the broken parts of the original which was restored in 1926, are housed in the Nunnery Museum.
Accession Number 2012/85
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1477558
File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap
Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Society of Antiquaries of Scotland Collection)
Licence Type: Permission Required
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]